Agnes Coburn Legacy Society
“While providing exceptional care you also comfort family members and address their many needs. I could not have asked for a more sacred and loving atmosphere. Thank you for such a meaningful gift.”
- A patient’s daughter
The Agnes Coburn Legacy Society
This society recognizes and honors individuals and families who have established a planned gift of any size benefitting Hospice of the Piedmont, including named, endowed funds. The society honors Agnes Adge Coburn, a visionary woman who worked tirelessly to help establish Hospice of the Piedmont in 1980.
Friends who are leaving legacies to Hospice of the Piedmont in their estate and financial plans ensure access to compassionate, quality hospice care in central Virginia for generations to come. Similarly, endowment donors create a lasting legacy, as these permanent investments in Hospice of the Piedmont ensure the future health and vitality of this organization and its programs and services.
Membership in the Agnes Coburn Legacy Society is one way that Hospice of the Piedmont expresses its appreciation to our friends. Letting Hospice of the Piedmont know your intentions does not create any obligation on your part, but it does let us say thank you now, and plan for the future. Membership offers several benefits, including recognition in the Society’s membership roster, with your permission. If you prefer to remain anonymous, be assured we will honor your wishes.
Requirements for Membership
You become a member of the society when you indicate in writing that you have made an estate gift to Hospice of the Piedmont or when you establish a named, endowed fund. Some gifts that qualify you for membership are:
- Making a bequest/Leaving Hospice of the Piedmont a gift in your will or trust.
- Naming Hospice of the Piedmont as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Creating a life income gift (charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust, for example) that will ultimately benefit Hospice of the Piedmont.
- Naming Hospice of the Piedmont as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
- Naming Hospice of the Piedmont as a beneficiary of a bank account(s).
- Establishing a permanent endowment fund for a specific program or service.
- Many other gifts may qualify as well.
How to Join
If you have not yet included Hospice of the Piedmont in your plans and would like to explore the best options for you and your family, do not hesitate to contact us.