Join Our Team
“We were stunned by the amazing people who came to care for our loved one. Truly, you answer to a higher calling than the rest of us.”
Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) - Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Hospice Nurse Navigator (FT) – Coordinate all services related to individuals that have inquired about or been referred to hospice services. Provide the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assess their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocate for hospice admission of medically eligible patients, admit the patient to hospice services, conduct initial nursing assessment and attend to immediate needs of the patient and family.
- Education: Bachelor or Associate degree in Nursing or equivalent from an accredited school of nursing
- Experience: One year experience in Hospice or Home Health required
- Technical Skills: demonstrated proficiency with EMR software, basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- License/Certification: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Hospice Nurse Educator (FT) - Coordinates all services related to individuals that have inquired about or been referred to hospice services. Provides the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assesses their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocates for hospice admission of medically eligible patients.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Two or more years of relevant nursing experience in terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation and case management preferred.
- Must possess previous experience in hospice, home health, health care sales or marketing.
RN Evening/Weekend Services (PRN) - Assures the delivery of high quality patient care through timely and responsible management of patient/family needs by responding to telephone calls and making visits as needed. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Should have a minimum of two years of recent varied work experience as a nurse. Hospice experience preferred.
Hospice Aide (Full Time) – Must be registered by the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides personal care services to patients in home and/or facilities that reflects the Hospice philosophy of care. One year’s relevant experience required. Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
Positions at the Hospice House:
No positions available at this time.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus)– Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Social Worker (Part Time): This position provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments and develops a corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Registered Nurse (FT, Rotating Shifts, 7A-7P & 7P-7A) – Under the direction of the CAHC Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- Minimum of 2 years hospice, home health experience, ICU CCU experience.
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package. To apply for one of our positions,
Using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.
Hospice of the Piedmont’s mission is to serve our community with hospice care and supportive services related to serious illness and loss with the highest level of skill, compassion, and respect. Hospice recognizes that its most important asset is a staff that continually provides high quality services. Hospice of the Piedmont is committed to attracting and hiring the most qualified staff. Our benefits are one feature of our commitment to our workforce excellence. Our comprehensive benefits include:
Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Professional Liability Insurance
Malpractice Insurance for Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
Flexible Spending Account