VOLUNTEER AT HOSPICE
Volunteers play an essential role in delivering personalized, peaceful hospice care. Our volunteers work closely with our nurses and staff to provide patients with the experience they deserve. Many volunteers value the one-on-one companionship they find by working with hospice patients.
Volunteers support our community by:
- Providing meal prep, transportation, and other direct services to patients in need.
- Assisting with grief classes, calls, and one-on-one support.
- Applying their skills to better our community through Reiki therapy, massage, and our music program.
- Helping with administrative services.
- Getting involved in volunteer-led programs such as pet therapy, tuck-in calls, and 11th hour vigils.
- Holding pinning ceremonies recognizing the service of our veteran patients.
- Training to become a Death Doula and providing spiritual support. Learn more.